General Postoperative Care
- Your eyes will feel scratchy, especially for the first day or two. The foreign body sensation improves rapidly over this time.
- Aching pain will be relieved with paracetamol (panadol/panamax) or panadeine.
- Showers or baths are allowed but the water will sting a little for the first few days.
- No swimming for three weeks
- Post-operative drops are to be used 2-3 times per day for the first 3 weeks. Chlorsig (chloromycetin) is an antibiotic drop to help prevent ocular surface infection. Maxidex is a topical steroid drop to help settle inflammation. Please use both bottles together 3 to 5 minutes apart.
- Using your eyes will not affect the outcome, so you may perform normal activities as comfort allows.
- With expected bruising and irritation of the surface of the eye, most people prefer to have 1 week off school or work.